Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all, I know it's two days later, but I'm still feeling it, so there you go. We had a very nice Thanksgiving, just Greg, the kids, Mom and Dad, and I, which was cozy. We bucked tradition and boycotted turkey this year. No one is that in love with it, so we went for the very untraditional crab legs, shrimp, and steak this year. And it was wonderful, even if I do say so myself. (I wasn't the only one saying it was wonderful either.) We had plenty of traditional side dishes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, etc., and later on everyone congregated at Mom and Dad's for pie. It was very nice and I think Thanksgiving has to be one of my most favorite holidays, no stress, just come and let's eat together and be with each other. How can you beat that?
I would like to say how thankful I am for this awesome family. At the reunion this summer, I was sitting around the campfire with all the cousins and all the kids, visiting, roasting marshmallows, and just being together, and I thought of how proud Grandpa and Grandma must be of this amazing family. It just made me think that THIS is what it's all about, family, loving each other, taking time for each other, and being together. I love our family and can't wait for our next reunion!
The Bob Martineau's are well. For anyone who hasn't seen him yet, Baby Rayce is adorable, smart, cuddly, and perfect. He is already growing so quickly and is getting some very pinchable cheeks. We are excited to get two more babies sometime in March of 2010 too!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you all have a Happy Christmas season!
Love you all,
Lyndsay
A long day at Lotoja
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment